Here are 5 reasons that’s a dreadful idea:
- It’s not based on facts that anyone can verify. Seriously, check out the original source on AICN – it’s like a phonecall from your nan after she lost her medication.
- Yoda is pretty toyetic, isn’t he? If this happens, the little green sage from Dagobah that you have such fond memories of will suddenly be looming above you in plushie form every time you enter a Toys R Us. Squeeze his tummy and he burbles something irritating and presumably iconic.
- Some people wrongly believe the horrible kung-fu ninja Yoda stuff in the prequels to be awesome, and there’s a danger Disney will follow this line of thinking. I mean, with producer/Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy and consultant Lawrence Kasdan having a pretty firm grasp of the magic of Star Wars it’s unlikely, but someone could have an attack of the stupids and suddenly he’ll be duel firing Uzis in mid-air like Chow Yun-Fat or something.
- We’ll all have to put up with endless bad Yoda impressions. There’s enough of them as it is, and people always get the sentence structure completely wrong. He didn’t just reverse the word order, people – watch more Star Wars and stop getting this stuff from The Inbetweeners.
- IT’S NOT REAL. IT’S NOT NEWS. IT’S A RUMOUR. The first solo Star Wars movie could just as easily be about Yakface, or that Ewok with the nice humbug coloration, or a completely new character.