1. When one of the first shots of the series was of Peggy walking through a sea of men, symbolizing her constant fight to stand out in a patriarchal society (◕‿◕✿)
2. When Peggy wouldn’t accept Sousa trying to defend her because she was more than capable of handing herself, thank you very much.
3. When Peggy’s relationship with Angie was one of the best female friendships on TV right now.
4. When Peggy helped herself to a delicious cream pie because she knows it’s good to indulge sometimes, even if she is a secret agent.
5. When Peggy was willing to go behind the backs of the SSR and become a traitor to her country just to help a friend in need, even if he was a bit of a bell end.
6. When Peggy’s first words to Jarvis were, “The next time you approach a woman in a dark alley, you might introduce yourself.” TELL IT LIKE IT IS, PEGS.
7. When she pretended to make coffee as a cover for eavesdropping and then pretended to get her period as an excuse to leave the office and ✧･ﾟ:* investigate *:･ﾟ✧
8. When she used her womanly sex appeal to knock a guy out with her LIPSTICK so she could root around in his safe, and then escaped by knocking out a second guy with a stapler. A STAPLER!
9. When she disabled that bomb thing using the contents of her bathroom.
10. When she took time to mourn the death of Colleen, and proved herself to be not only a super spy but an emotional, fully-rounded character.
11. WHEN SHE JUMPED ATOP A MOVING CAR WHILE BEING SHOT AT, AND THEN ALMOST GOT BLOWN UP
12. When Peggy knew which battles were worth fighting and demanded this awful fella gave Angie the respect she deserved.
13. When she pretended to be a health inspector to sneak into a building and managed to get the entire workforce to fear her and her clipboard by the end of a thirty-second montage.
14. When this happened:
15. When Peggy kicked this bad guy’s arse over the sound of Captain America kicking a bad guy’s arse on the Captain America Radio Show and literally reversed the gender roles.
16. When Peggy just chilled while Jarvis put needles in her leg.
17. When she pretended to mess up to help a friend even though she knew it would make her colleagues respect her less than they already did.
18. When she pretended to take lunch orders but really she was just sleuthing.
19. When she laid it all out for Howard Stark when he couldn’t see what a corporate douchebag he was being.
20. When episode 5 was literally called “The Iron Ceiling”, like the glass ceiling but laden with even more patriarchal obstacles than we know today.
21. When Peggy applied herself and believed in herself and basically ordered Dooley to send her ass to Russia because she was the most qualified agent for the job, hot damn.
22. When Peggy helped Thompson with his internal struggles even though he had been nothing but a colossal shitbag to her.
23. When she took out a team of highly trained government agents single-handedly in a freaking automat.
24. When she scaled the side of a building while hiding from the SSR and everything about it was awesome.
25. When Peggy was facing treason charges but she still managed to notice and translate Ivchenko getting freaky with Morse code.
26. When she took on Russian-trained certified badass Dottie Underwood and won.
27. When she knew her value and that anyone else’s opinion didn’t really matter.
28. When she threw Steve Rogers’ blood into the sea because it was the right thing to do, even though it was all she had left of him.
Agent Carter Season 2 premieres on 28 January on FOX. Get a behind the scenes look at the series and read exclusive interviews in the latest issue of SciFiNow.