Disney has gone and announced a whole load of release dates, so we’re just going to go ahead and put them all together in a handy list for you. Coming up on the Disney slate:
- Star Wars: Episode IX will hit cinemas on 24 May 2019. The film’s release date was previously just set for 2019, but it’s nice knowing that we now won’t have to wait until Christmas 2019 for the final part of the new trilogy.
- Indiana Jones 5 is out on 10 July 2020. The as-yet-untitled film has actually been pushed back for unknown reasons, as it was previously sporting a lovely 19 July 2019 release date. Harrison Ford is of course coming back as Indy (would there even be any point without him?) and Steven Spielberg is directing again.
- A Wrinkle In Time is set for release on 9 March 2018. Conversely, this one has been brought forward from 6 April 2018. It’s based on the 1963 fantasy novel of the same name by Madeleine L’Engle and will be director Ava DuVernay’s first Disney film.
- Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 is in cinemas on 21 November 2018. It had been down for 9 March (which is now when A Wrinkle In Time will be released), creating a seven-month delay. The film is being directed by Rich Moore and will also be released in 3D.
- Gigantic is out on 25 November 2020. We’re not sure what the make of that, seeing as the film was previously set for a 21 November 2018 release date. That’s a pretty big delay.
- Frozen 2 will be in cinemas on 27 November 2019. The sequel will once again be directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, and feature Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell as the voices of Queen Elsa and Anna respectively.
- Magic Camp has moved from 3 August 2018 to 6 April 2019. The film will follow Andy, a former magic camp councillor who returns to the camp of his youth in an attempt to ignite his career.
The Lion King also got a new release date but it’s not genre so we weren’t going to add it to the list. But as it’s The Lion King: you can catch Simba in cinemas on 19 July 2019.
Get all the latest sci-fi, fantasy and horror news with every new issue of SciFiNow.