What better way to celebrate the long weekend than by enjoying classic sci fi?! The Horror Channel is once again celebrating the sci-fi B-movie world of strange creatures, alien invaders and weird science with Classic Sci-Fi Weekend 2, featuring all your favourite sci-fi classics from the fifties on 16 and 17 April!
Check out what’s in store in this pretty awesome trailer here…
A follow-up TV special to the popular Classic Sci-fi weekend broadcast in April 2020, Classic Sci-Fi Weekend 2 celebrates ten of the most iconic sci-fi B movies from the fifties, which are acknowledged as the Golden Age for Sci-fi movies.
The Classic Sci-Fi Weekend 2 season includes five channel premieres including…
- The heart-pounding alien invasion classic It Came From Outer Space
- Pulp-horror favourite Tarantula (featuring an uncredited Clint Eastwood no less!)
- Subterranean monster thriller The Mole People
- Beastly mutant classic The Deadly Mantis
- The Monolith Monsters, in which the world is attacked by thirsty giant crystals!
The season also embraces returning sci fi favourites such as…
- Mutant octopus-rampaging It Came From Beneath The Sea
- Fred F. Sears’ saucer-invading caper Earth Vs The Flying Saucers
- Sears’ rampaging alien bird yarn The Giant Claw
- Nathan Juran’s Ray Harryhausen inspired 20 Million Miles To Earth
- Drive-in favourite The Blob, starring Steve McQueen!
Classic Sci-Fi Weekend 2 will be broadcast on Saturday 16 April and Sunday 17 April on The Horror Channel. Find out more here.