In the face-off between Captain America 3 and Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice on 6 May 2016, Warner Bros have blinked.
Warner have announced that the release date has been brought forward to 25 March 2016, cheating fans out of a once-and-for-all, argument-settling box office showdown.
Warner have also confirmed the release dates for 9 new DC movies, their titles still unconfirmed, but industry insider Nikki Finke had previously suggested the slate might look like: Shazam (July 2016), Sandman (Christmas 2016), Justice League (May 2017), Wonder Woman (2017), Flash & Green Lantern (Christmas 2017) and Man Of Steel 2 (May 2018).
See how they compare to the official release schedule:
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice 25 March 2016
- Untitled DC Film: 5 August 2016
- Untitled DC Film: 23 June 2017
- Untitled DC Film: 17 November 2017
- Untitled DC Film: 23 March 2018
- Untitled DC Film: 27 July 2018
- Untitled DC Film: 5 April 2019
- Untitled DC Film: 14 June 2019
- Untitled DC Film: 3 April 2020
- Untitled DC Film: 19 June 2020
These predictions could be off because the dates have changed and a film has been added, or they could be off because they’re wrong. There’s no way of knowing just yet.
Still, Justice League for 23 June 2017 and Wonder Woman for 17 November 2017, then? That’d be a good year…
Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice will be released on 6 May 2016 – read our defence of Ben Affleck’s casting here and Gal Gadot’s casting here. Find out more about the comics that inspired the film with new digital magazine Uncanny Comics.