Steven Spielberg’s epic adventure Ready Player One is out to own on 4K, Blu-Ray™ 3D, Blu-Ray™ and DVD from August 6 – and here’s your chance to win a copy, as we honour its retro goldmine with a Swap Shop competition!
VHS or Betamax, Walkman or minidisc player, NES cartridge or Atari – head to Twitter and trade us a shot of your greatest old tech gear for the chance to win a copy of the futuristic film on Blu-ray.
To enter, post your photo with #ReadyPlayerOne #SwapShop, and tag @SciFiNow, and we’ll pick three of our favourites to receive reward with a copy of the film.
In the year 2045, the real world is a harsh place. The only time Wade Watts truly feels alive is when he escapes to the OASIS, an immersive virtual universe where most of humanity spend their days. In the OASIS, you can go anywhere, do anything, be anyone—the only limits are your own imagination. The OASIS was created by the brilliant and eccentric James Halliday, who left his immense fortune and total control of the OASIS to the winner of a three-part contest he designed to find a worthy heir. When Wade conquers the first challenge of the reality-bending treasure hunt, he and his friends—known as the High Five—are hurled into a fantastical universe of discovery and danger to save the OASIS and their world.
Directed by Steven Spielberg and based on the much-loved novel by Ernest Cline, Ready Player One stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, Lena Waithe, TJ Miller, Simon Pegg and Oscar winner Mark Rylance.
READY PLAYER ONE is available on Digital Download July 23, and 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray™, Blu-Ray™ 3D, Blu-Ray™ and DVD August 6th.
© 2018 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Competition closes on Tuesday 17 July at 12.00pm.
- Three  winners will each receive 1 x Ready Player One Blu-ray (also contains Digital Download)
- If any Prize or element thereof becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, Warner Bros. UK reserves the right to substitute with a Prize of equivalent rating and audience at its sole discretion.
- Events may occur that make the awarding of the Prize impractical or inappropriate due to unforeseen circumstances or reasons beyond the control of the Promoter or Warner Bros. In this situation, the Warner Bros. may vary or amend the Prize to provide a reasonable alternative as a result of which the Promoter or parties connected to the Promoter shall not be held liable.
- No cash or credit alternative is available and the Prize is not transferable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.
- The Promoter of this competition is SciFiNow.
- Entrants’ personal data submitted in connection with the promotion will be processed by the Promoter and third-party service providers for the purpose of administering and managing the promotion, distributing prize and verifying the eligibility of entrants/winner. By entering the promotion, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoter to administer the promotion.