To celebrate the release of creepy sci-fi horror Blood Glacier on DVD, we’re offering all artists, designers and illustrators an amazing opportunity to have their sick imaginations brought to life much like the stomach-churning insect/animal hybrids of the movie.
All you need to do is draw a monster worthy of a horror film and submit it to SciFiNow where the entries will be judged by Blood Glacier director Marvin Kren and the winning design then fully realised by 3D printer as a model that you can keep!
You will also win a copy of the film on DVD.
“A great monster should not only try to scare the shit out of me it also should have some weak elements like Achilles’ heel,” explains Kren of what he’ll be looking for when he judges your entries.
“Tell a story about your monster. Where does it come from? Why is it here? Who are its enemies and is it scared of something as well? I am looking forward to see what the geeks and freaks out there will deliver.”
Feast your eyes out some of the incredible character development drawings from Blood Glacier for inspiration and put that diseased imagination to work:
[dmalbum path=”/wp-content/uploads/dm-albums/Blood Glacier concept/”/]
To enter, check out the following important instructions:
- Your imagined creature/mutant should be drawn on A4 paper, in pencil or black pen.
- Your drawing will need to comprise of four sides/angles: front, behind, and both sides. Each drawing should be drawn on A4 paper. In total you should produce four A4 designs of your creature.
- Do not colour in your drawing, keep it as clear as possible.
- Either scan and send your four designs to email@example.com or send your drawings to the following address: SciFiNow, Richmond House, 33 Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, BH2 6EZ
- The imagined creature drawing should be creative, fun and unique. The more creative the better!
- Make sure you include a blurb about your creature as well on a separate sheet– which animals/insects have you used, why is it scary, what inspired you, where does it come from etc?
- Supply your full name, address, telephone number and email with your drawing.
Blood Glacier is out now on DVD, pick it up for £10 from Amazon.co.uk.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition includes the following prize: one 3D model built from the design of the competition entrant. Colour and size is subject to the promoters and printers specifications. One DVD copy of Blood Glacier will also be supplied to the winner.
- The finished 3D printed model will be as close to the design as possible but cannot guarantee exact replication.
- Competition closes 28 February 2014.
- There is no colour nor size specification guarantee.
- All competition entries must be drawn to the requirements as laid out by the promoter and SciFiNow.
- As a competition entrant, you agree to allow your drawing to be uploaded to the SciFiNow website (www.scifinow.co.uk) and social networking outlets.
- The promoter is unable to return drawings/sketches sent to SciFiNow.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of SciFiNow, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete or illegible will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses not specifically included in the prizes i.e. design materials.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- he winner shall be chosen by director Marvin Kren, with input from SciFiNow, StudioCanal, and Fetch Publicity.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.